The musings of a former office worker stuck in his house applying for jobs, when he would rather be out on the water.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Victory

The current Box army has been defeated. All of them have been put together, packed, stacked, and are awaiting that big truck to take them where they are going.

Which means I have time to write a new post.

And last night, I had Homebrew Club. I'm sure you have all read my post about brew day. What I'm sure you didn't all know is that there are a lot of us out there. Hundreds of thousands of homebrewers. And my local homebrew store has a club. The Keystone Hops.

It's very informal. But every meeting I attend, you always see the same kind of person there. No, I'm not talking the crazy homebrewer, or the know-it-all homebrewer. Although they do exist. I'm talking about the new guy.
Keystone Homebrew's Family Picnic
That picture is from the family picnic the store throws, so it is a little more crowded, and a little more outdoors, than normal.

Our club is laid back, informal, and takes place INSIDE THE HOMEBREW SHOP. Let me say that again, INSIDE THE HOMEBREW SHOP.  This means that new guys, of which I still consider myself one, have to stand around and taste delicious beer, surrounded by everything you need to make it.

The owner of this shop is a genius. He probably sees dollar signs every 3rd Thursday of the month. People bring delicious beer to his shop, while he does the chore of closing up. Then he has to drink their beer(damn) while selling them everything they need to make more and bring it back to him again.

It's a neverending cycle.

And a perfect business plan. Would I shop at any other Homebrew store? Well, I really don't have any other options in my area, but even if I did, I would keep going back to Keystone. They have food, good beer, good people, are very helpful...

And I'll be damned if I don't appreciate a good business model.

1 comment:

  1. Why is this blog called Wishing I was Fishing? 31 posts and not a single one about fishing. Is there a metaphor I'm missing here?

    ReplyDelete