The musings of a former office worker stuck in his house applying for jobs, when he would rather be out on the water.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Quotes

I think it is time for a motivational quotes thread. I feel like with the past couple weeks worth of posts, you have gotten to know what I like to do, who I like to it with, and how I have prepared for various apocolyptic scenarios. Now here are some of the quotes that have gotten me to that point. Some of them haven't really inspired me at all, I just think they sound pretty badass.


The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.
Joe Paterno


I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.
Winston Churchill



If you tell people where to go, but not how to get there, you'll be amazed at the results.
George S. Patton



Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.
John Wayne



Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee



In every battle there comes a time when both sides consider themselves beaten, then he who continues the attack wins.
Ulysses S. Grant


I have no misgivings about, nor lack of confindence in, the cause in which I am engaged, and my courage does not halt or falter.


But, my dear sirs, when peace does come, you may call on me for any thing. Then will I share with you the last cracker, and watch with you to shield your homes and families against danger from every quarter.
William Tecumseh Sherman

No comments:

Post a Comment