The musings of a former office worker stuck in his house applying for jobs, when he would rather be out on the water.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Heartbreak

I've now experienced my first true heartbreak. The first time i saw her, I  knew it was love. A redhead with a lot of fire in her belly. Ready for life's great adventures. Anything that happened, we would make it through it togerther. But then last night happened.

 It is the first time I've been abandoned. The first time I've been left alone, standing in the rain, wondering why would she do such a thing? I mean sure, we can go back and look and things i shouldn't have done. But I treated her well. I loved her. She was my first love. And she has broken my heart one too many times.


Damn car wouldn't start. Wouldn't even turn over. And she left me stuck in the Target(trademarked) parking lot, wondering why she would do such a thing.

This was me. Except I'm a 6'6" guy. and it wasn't raining this hard. And it was in a parking lot. And it was a red Pontiac Grand Am(trademarked) not a red Geo Metro(trademarked). But you get the idea.

But alas, my time for wondering is over. She did what she did. She can't undo it now. Sure she has a lot of mileage under her belts(133,495 miles to be precise). But she is a good old girl. I learned to drive in her. I drove to Penn State for the first time in her. I drove to my first real job interview in her.

We've made a lot of great memories together. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm not ready to let go yet. So please don't cost to much. Park Auto are a great bunch of guys, they always treat you well. I know you can pull through this! I have faith in you!

We'll be flying down the turnpike yet, sunroof open, my hair(even if i do have a buzzcut) flapping in the wind, And if you don't make it? If it is too much?

Thanks for the memories, you're the best redhead I've ever known.

1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping she has a few more memory making adventures left in her.

    ReplyDelete