The musings of a former office worker stuck in his house applying for jobs, when he would rather be out on the water.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

150 Feet

150 feet is what seperates the last two parking spaces I have parked in at work. One, under a tree, is directly across from the door to my office. If you were to pull up to my office right now, you would consider that spot to be the best spot available in the parking lot. You would be completely wrong. In a mere 9 hours parked at my office, more birds used my car as a toilet than in the past 6 months combined. Disgusting. And they didn't even wipe.

Move on to yesterday, when I decided to park 150 feet farther away from the door. Under the exact same kind of tree.(Yes, I know I'm a glutton for punishment, but i like parking in the shade) I walked out of my office at 4:00 PM, prepared for the worst. And nothing had happened. My car hadn't recieved a single paint job from a passing pigeon.

Now the odd thing is, these trees are the exact same species, shape, height, width, etc. Everything about them is the same. Except one contains a vindictive mafia of poop machines, and the other gently shades cars, and protects them from winged attack.

The true difference? What made one tree a bastion of safety and the other a cauldron of winged fury?

I'll never know. But one thing is for sure.

The birds have won,

No comments:

Post a Comment