The musings of a former office worker stuck in his house applying for jobs, when he would rather be out on the water.

Friday, January 14, 2011

And then I Wrote About

"You can't try to do things; you simply must do them."
-Ray Bradbury

I read that quote today, and I thought it really applied to this post. I'm not really sure where it is going, but it will get there eventually. But in all seriousness, I like this quote a lot. It works for a couple of things in my life.

Fishing
Maybe the one thing where all I did was try in the beginning. I fished my little butt off for 9 weeks before I finally caught something. And that something was 2 Largemouth Bass off the point across from the launch ramp on Marsh Creek. It was my proudest day as a fisherman. My Dad and I brought those 2 bass home, cleaned them, ate them(despite bass not being very tasty). After that the hobby took off. I've been fishing for years. And I plan on fishing for years. I get to go fishing every weekend with my Dad, and every once in a while, I even catch more than he does.

Beer Making
I did this. I jumped right in and made it. And as bad as it might smell to some, it is definitely getting better. And there really is no way for you to start making beer other than just doing it. And it may be a trial and error process, but hey, there are worse errors than not great beer. It is still better than this.

Dating
I'm a very self confident person. I have no trouble meeting people, being the only person in the room who doesn't know anyone, taking trips to places alone. None of these things bother me. Except for one kind of person. A pretty lady. But, sometimes you just have to get up off the couch, ignore how short she may be, and ask if you can take her out. Then, you bet on a game, and when you lose, you get to take her out on the date you really wanted. And things turn out exactly the way you want them to. That happened to me too.

So overall, I would say that this is a pretty damn good quote. And if i were you? I would read it, and take it to heart. Things work out pretty well when you follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment