The musings of a former office worker stuck in his house applying for jobs, when he would rather be out on the water.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Plunge

I took it. And before you ask what plunge, I'll give you this hint. It's freezing cold, wet, and on the Jersey Shore.
.
..
...
....
...
..
.
The Polar Bear Plunge in Sea Isle New Jersey of course. Now most people know that the Polar Bear Plunge is a charity event. But I'll be damned if I know what charity its for. Anyway, it all started when my friend Tom asked if I wanted to take the plunge.

I agreed to, and at the appointed time in Sea Isle, we met up and prepared to do battle with the icy ocean.  We steeled ourselves for the plunge took a running start, and ran into the ocean.

And quite frankly I thought I had been punched in the stomach when I hit the water. It was freezing. And it was only up to my knees.  Then My friend Eric saw me, and as we agreed, we both went underwater to experience the full effect of the cold water. Of course, Eric tackled me to get me to go under. He claims he didn't tackle me, but I testify otherwise.

All in all, this event is highly recommended, though a little on the chilly side. I can't wait for next year, I plan on doing it all over again. And also bringing a few extra towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment